The MAICO website is an offer of Maico Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “MAICO”). MAICO provides customers and interested parties with information on fans and ventilation technology products on its website. The protection of your personal information in the way it is collected, processed and used during your visit to MAICO’s website is important to us. We only collect, process and use your data as specified by law, as prescribed for example in the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), the German Telemedia Act (TMG) or the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). MAICO’s website complies with data protection regulations. This grants you, the user of these web pages, peace of mind that your personal rights and the right to informational self-determination are being observed and granted. With the following explanation, we would like to inform you in detail about the handling of your data.
(1) You can visit the MAICO website without providing any personal information. MAICO is constantly endeavouring to improve and update the information offered on the website for customers and interested parties in order to increase the appeal of its product range. For this purpose, every time the MAICO website is accessed, data on the retrieval of the web pages (visitor, use, origin and web technology) is stored. This information is not assigned to any natural person and is used by MAICO exclusively for internal and statistical purposes (hereinafter referred to as “visitor data”).
(2) MAICO uses information, referred to as cookies, for certain functions and to improve the attractiveness of its website. Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer. Most of the cookies used by MAICO are deleted from your hard drive at the end of the browser session (session cookies). Other cookies remain on your computer and enable MAICO to recognise your computer the next time you visit us (persistent cookies).
The cookies necessary for operation of the website are set automatically when the website is called up.
Other cookies and functionalities of the website operator and of third parties that are not necessary for use may only be used after your consent is given. For this purpose, you will be asked to select permitted cookies and functions when you access the website. This selection is, in turn stored in a cookie until you delete this cookie from your terminal device.
However, you can also set your browser in such a way as to inform you about the setting of cookies so that you can decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept them or generally exclude the acceptance of cookies. The non-acceptance of cookies may restrict the full functionality of the MAICO website.
The air@home website (web tool) uses a technically necessary session cookie so that users remain logged in when they reload the site. No other cookies are set.
(3) When you register for air@home, your personal information (surname, first name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, password, token) are recorded so that we can improve our services and meet your requirements. The information is essential for ensuring functionality.
If you cancel your account, the information will be retained for an additional 30 days and automatically deleted on expiry of this period.
(4) To improve and guarantee the use of the respective ventilation unit in use, MAICO stores and uses unit-related data (unit parameters, measured values, configuration values, fault messages, unit serial numbers and the IP/MAC address of the smartphone/tablet).
(5) Push notifications can be used to show you updates and technical improvement and malfunction notifications. For this purpose, we use your e-mail or the display functions in the web browser and the app. You can disable these messages using the settings in the terminal device or with an objection in the web application.
(6) To ensure a very high standard of security, MAICO stores your personal information separately from the unit-related data. The data is transmitted in encrypted form, both between your smartphone / tablet and the MAICO server and between the MAICO server and controlled domestic ventilation unit (double security). This is done using AES-256 encryption.
(7) air@home also provides a link that allows you to visit the MAICO website or the MAICO Facebook page. Please note the data protection declaration relating to this on the relevant web pages.
air@home allows the owner to create user profiles to grant different groups of people different access rights to the unit. Depending on whether you are an owner, user or tradesperson using air@home, your data may differ from that stated under § 2 Data collection, processing and storage:
(1) Owner: as described above, only the owner can decide to create user profiles and who is provided with the unit-related data. If you are both an owner and user, the information provided below for "User" applies to you too.
Note: any other users of the ventilation system should be informed by the owner of the possibilities available with air@home and the associated data protection conditions. The owner must not use the app without the agreement of the user.
(2) User: the owner may create other users with their own personal information. If the owner has created another user, the owner is no longer able to control the ventilation system using air@home. The user is then solely responsible for this. However, the owner receives service and error messages for all his or her users and can assign the corresponding system(s) to them. The owner does not, however, have access to the latest measured values or trends.
As a user, please note that tradespersons/installers created by the owner may access your unit-related data and be able to control the units in certain scenarios (installation, maintenance, etc.).
The latest measured values can also be viewed, but trends cannot. You can be both an owner and user.
(3) Tradesperson / installer: the owner can create profiles for tradespersons/installers for maintenance and service work by providing personal data. These people can see the same data as the users.
(4) Managing and deleting profiles (e.g. change in user)
As described above, the owner manages the individual profiles. The owner is also responsible for deleting individual profiles. When a profile is deleted, the personal data is deleted too. The unit data and trends are retained. Once a tradesperson/installer has completed his or her work, authorisation to view and/or intervene on/in the ventilation system should be withdrawn by the owner.
Unit-related data is only deleted if this is explicitly requested.
Your personal information is treated here with confidentiality at all times. Disclosure, sale or other transfer of your personal information to third parties is excluded unless MAICO is obliged to disclose it by law or by a court decision or the disclosure is necessary for legal or criminal prosecution in the event of attacks on MAICO’s IT infrastructure.
MAICO makes every effort to take the necessary technical and organisational security measures to store your personal information such that it is not accessible to either third parties or the general public. Should you wish to contact us by e-mail, we would like to point out that the confidentiality of the information transmitted is not guaranteed. Third parties may access the content of e-mails. We therefore recommend that you send us confidential information only by postal mail.
(1) You can withdraw your future consent to subscribe to newsletters at any time by entering your e-mail address in the unsubscribe box provided on the Newsletter unsubscribe page.
(2) You can withdraw your consent for receiving postal mail through direct mailing at any time with effect for the future by removing your address from the mailing list by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the contact information.
(3) You have the following rights with respect to MAICO:
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal information and for information or correction, blocking or deletion of data as well as revocation of consent granted, please contact:
Corporate and Data Protection Advisory Service
Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Hagen
Phone. 05108 90 90 112
Bei Fragen zur Erhebung, Verarbeitung oder Nutzung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten, bei Auskünften, Berichtigung, Sperrung oder Löschung von Daten
sowie Widerruf erteilter Einwilligungen wenden Sie sich bitte an:
Maico Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH
Tel.: +497720/ 694-0